Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shutter Island

Last night we went to see the new movie, "Shutter Island". I had heard that it was a pretty good suspense movie, not a blood and guts flick, so the wife even went along. When we got there the middle daughter paid for everyone to get in, and then she bought us all a snack. Pretty cool.

I sat down to wait for the movie to start and started to eat my sour patch kids. After about five chews on the first piece of candy I had a crown pop off. Great, just great! The bright side of that is it was on a tooth that had previously had a root canal, so at least it didn't hurt. Oh well, I'll get it glued back on next week.

The movie was indeed a pretty good one. It kept you on the edge of your seat for the entire time and there really wasn't that much "jumping out" at you. There was quite a bit of cussing, which didn't thrill my bride, but other than that it was good. It was definitely a twisted plot movie and you really had to pay attention to follow along: kind of a thinkers suspense movie. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm not going to go into detail regarding what all the movie was about, but I will say that if you like edge of the seat movies this one would be a good one to see.

4 comments:

  1. If it's more thriller than scary, then maybe we'll check it out on dvd. I'm not a Dicaprio fan, so if we watch anything he's in it's usually on dvd or HBO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The odds of my seeing any movie in the theater are slim to none -just don't get out that often in that direction. But if it becomes available on DVD and if it's a thriller but not a horror type film, then it might actually eventually make its way to my house for me to see! Thanks for the head's up on it! Now go get that crown refitted or whatever, so you can chew okay again. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The previews for the movie make it look so scary! I really don't like scary movies so I don't think I will be watching it.

    It was really nice of your daughter to treat you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna wait on the smaller screen too...this one will plant itself in my subconscious and show up in my dreams

    ReplyDelete