Tuesday, February 26, 2019

I have three wonderful daughters. One is married to a highway patrol officer, one to a computer guru, and the other will soon be married to a train engineer. They are scattered all over the west coast and I greatly value any time I get to spend with them. We have also been blessed with 4 grandchildren whom we love very much. We'd love to have a family compound on a section of land in Montana, but unfortunately those families all have to endure this thing called work for a good number of years yet. That being the case my wife and I will simply have to create a much smaller family compound in Montana and enjoy their company when they can come and visit. Ah yes, the sacrifices we all make for our kids. 😉

For me my favorite "family" times were when the girls were young and we would all travel to bluegrass festivals and camp there for the week. In those environments there was always lots of music, lots of kids for them to play with, and lots of fun to be had by all. he festival in Grass Valley, CA even had a pond with trout, catfish and bluegills that the girls could fish in. I can still remember my middle daughter catching a big bull frog from that pond and then hoping it all over the campground. Eventually Mr. Frog was released back into his natural environment which I'm positive was more to his liking. Still that whole scene provided us all with long lasting memories.

My oldest daughter was never much into the whole fishing thing. She was however, and still is, an excellent writer. She has co-written a couple books, but unfortunately those have never been finalized and put into production. I do continually harass her about it, so perhaps someday I'll actually be able to open a cover and see her words on paper. Our middle daughter, Mrs. Frog Girl, caught her first fish while holding a rod in her playpen that was set up next to a mountain lake. She is also the one who has spent many hours with me in a duck blind chasing feathered creatures. Truly, there is nobody on the planet I would rather hunt ducks with than her. The youngest daughter loves to go fishing, but you have to watch her...she cheats. Yes, that is correct. We have contests fishing as to who catches the biggest or most fish and she always wins. Even if she doesn't win fair and square she'll say, "Today is opposite day dad, so I still win." Kinda sneaky if you ask me.

There is nothing I wouldn't do for those three wonderful girls or their families. In closing I would like to dedicate this song to them all. Girls, I love you very much. 😀





5 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to your girls. This made me smile. The video was most precious. That little girl is adorable.

    Have a fabulous day and week. 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice reading about your daughters. A family compound would be nice. I only have one daughter and one son and have always thought a great big cabin where everyone could get together and spend a weekend would be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Cynthia did a great job raising those girls. I'm more than certain the "I'd do anything for" applies equally from them to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well first off I'd like to say... I'm not crying, *you're* crying.😭 I love you so much dad. I wish we could go back and relive some of those days again; they truly were some of my greatest memories. I can't wait until we get to see each other in person again!
    P.S.
    You're just jealous because I'm better than you at fishing ;)

    ReplyDelete