Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Goodbye Facebook

I have been on Facebook for at least a dozen years. I’ve met a lot of good people there in that time frame, but last night I made my last post on my page. In the past couple of years the entirety of Facebook has gone in the toilet and it’s become a giant political shit show. Now days FB is nothing but a place for people to make and post 2 sentence hate blurbs and then walk away laughing. It seems to me it’s nothing but a platform designed to push you in whatever direction its’ owners want you to go. I no longer get any enjoyment when I read it, I just get pissed off, so I decided to do something about it and leave it to all the keyboard warriors and they can do with it whatever they want. There’s a couple of non-political groups I’ll still check out, but as for my OWN page…the end.

We’re very close to being done with the building of our house in Montana. Good, because I’m sick of that project. All along the way folks have said how we’d look back and say it was all worth it. Nope, not for me it hasn’t. At this point I just consider it to have taken a year of my life. In all honesty I’d rather have gone fishing and the sooner we get this thing done the better. Just like the mighty Casey, there is no joy in Mudville.

So, what does the future hold? Well, I have no idea but I do know things have got to change or I’m going to melt into a blob of goo. That being the case I’ll just start hanging out and posting here, just like in the “good old days” before FB even existed.

Talk to you soon.

 

2 comments:

  1. Facebook sucks most days...what do people do that post there all the time...they obviously don't have real lives:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Gene! Just stopping by to say, 'Hello!'. I was going back through some old blog posts of mine and you had left a kind bit of advice on how to get started with blogging back in 2007. Hope you've been fishing recently, although I would think Montana would be cold this time of year! Do you ice fish?

    ReplyDelete