Sunday, February 24, 2019


Years ago, more than I like to think about, I was introduced to the world of blogging. For quite some time I posted nearly every day and gained a lot of friends along the way. Then along came Facebook, and like many others my boat drifted toward that shore, and once it arrived was immediately put into dry dock and there I sat. Now don't get me wrong, FB is a great place to meet up with new people and old friends, but for all it's benefits it just isn't a very personable place. One possible reason for that is it's so "easy". There's really no effort involved in posting there. You simply blurt out whatever you want with no regard to quality or style. People are mostly attracted to what you say simply because of like mindsets, not because of the effective content. Blogging never seemed to be that way. There folks "hung out" together because they enjoyed it. I shudder to say blogging was a "safe space", but in reality it was much more so than Facebook could ever hope to be. 

A few days ago I opened up Blogger and there was my old writing tablet sitting there waiting for me, and it felt like I was back home. That got me to thinking that maybe, just maybe I should come back for a more extended visit and see what happens. That being the case I intend to stick around and do some posting and maybe catch up a bit. I have already found that a great many of my old friends have not been in the blogosphere for a long time, so I'm going to need to find a whole new group of folks to spend time with. So, if you would, please leave a comment with your blog linked to it so I can visit with you. I would very much like to get another list of folks put together with which to "sit a spell".

I'll make a longer post later with the intent of bringing you more up to date with me, but I'll leave you with this: the pictures of the decoys you see here on this pages are all birds I have carved and painted. That is something somewhat new as I was not doing anything like that when I was last around these parts. I hope you like them. 

Have a great day. 😊







5 comments:

  1. I've already put you in my reader so I knew that you posted a new post. It's good to see you back. Jeff too. I'll head over their next.

    Just click on my avatar and you'll get to my blog.

    Have a fabulous day. 😎

    ReplyDelete